Old St. Ferdinand Shrine
Convent est. 1819 Church est. 1821
#1 rue St. Francois – no services.
Oldest Catholic Church building between the Mississippi and the Rocky Mountains. St. Rose Philippine Duchesne opened the first school in Florissant. Open April – December Saturday and Sunday 1 to 4 pm. To arrange a tour, reserve the schoolhouse for special events or other information, call 314-837-2110.
Sacred Heart Catholic Church
Parish est. 1866 Present Church built 1893.
751 N. Jefferson. Mass Saturday at 5pm. Sunday 7am, 9am,10:30 and noon. Visit the newly restored building and grounds. Church museum open the second Sunday of each month. 10-2pm.
Spanish Land Grant Park
A square bounded by St. Ferdinand, St. Denis, St. Charles and St Louis was the gift of the Spanish government to the Villagers for a church, burial and parade ground. Pioneer families lie here in unmarked graves.
Old Town Wedding Chapel c. 1895
646 rue St. Francois.
This was the first protestant Church in Florissant. It was known as the Union Church. Throughout the years is has served three denominations. The church is available for wedding and receptions.
Taille De Noyer c. 1790
Located on the McCluer High School campus. Although not in Old Town Florissant it has always been a part of the Florissant Valley area. It was the hunting lodge of John Mullanphy and later became the country home of Mullanphy’s descendants. The home is beautifully restored. Taille de Noyer is presently owned by the Florissant Historical Society. Open April –December Sundays 1 to 4. Call 524-1100 for information or to arrange special tours.
Along Interstate 270 and Dunn Road are two Florissant Landmark homes.
The 1870 Myers House and Barn
Just west of Graham –Hanley houses weaving, sewing supplies and a delicious deli.
The 1860 Gittemeier House
Just west of New Florissant Road on Dunn is now occupied by Historic Florissant, Inc.